ARGUMENT 5.45's album “Thousands Of Birds” is a call to arms… another call to arms.
After the successful split-CD w/ WHEN MY AUTHORITIES FALL (Latvia) and the russian / eastern european tours & shows with such bands as AGAINST ME!, BORA and THE IDORU, band released much anticipated full-length “Thousands Of Birds” (2008). For many, this album became one of the most important releases spawned by the russian hardcore / extreme-rock scene in years. Less “bringin’ it back”, more “shape to come”, and once again “does anybody care?!..” Linked together by mesmerizing noise collages, these 10 songs are made of anger, hope, refusal and sarcasm… It’s like a book where all the words you’ve heard before suddenly form some new thoughts in your head and wake some new feelings in your heart.
Yeah, this russian noise-machine is one hell of a sonic monster! Fueled with ferocity of metal, passion of hardcore and nihilism of sludge, oiled by Kurt Ballou at Godcity Studios, it can make your blood run faster. Everything but sweet, this sound blends some influences from Botch, Black Flag, Mastodon and Fugazi... And then shows its own vision influenced by the confused minds, desperate souls, savage love and broken homes of the modern day Mother Russia.
* One of the long-running, well-known, and respected russian / ex-USSR hardcore bands.
* Recent album mixed by Kurt Ballou (CONVERGE, CAVE-IN, DISFEAR) at Godcity Studio (Salem, MA, USA) and mastered by Carl Saff at Carl Saff Mastering (Chicago, IL, USA)
* ARGUMENT 5.45 played shows with CONVERGE, WALLS OF JERICHO, AGAINST ME!, BORN FROM PAIN, THE CHARIOT, and more.
* Limited edition vinyl with the different mix and cover-artwork.
* All lyrics sung in russian translated into english in the CD/LP booklets.
released June 1, 2008
Recorded by Girts "Lomik" Laumanis and Arturs at Hodila Records Studio (Valmiera, Latvia) in July 2007
Mixed by Kurt Ballou at Godcity Studio (Salem, MA, USA) in December 2007
Mastered by Carl Saff at Carl Saff Mastering (Chicago, IL, USA) in January 2008
Produced by Argument 5.45
all rights reserved